We are all delighted that covid rules and restrictions were relaxed further from Monday 20th September 2021. We no longer require adults to register for training sessions. Indoor training activities are permitted to take place under strict conditions. The only session this relates to for us is the winter circuit training session. Our large numbers and limited space means that we have to postpone moving these sessions indoors until at least after all restrictions are removed on October 22nd.
As recommended by Sports Ireland we are maintaining overarching structures and basic protective measures throughout the winter season. These include the use of COVID 19 Officers, recommending symptomatic individuals do not participate in or attend sporting activities, the ongoing promotion of good respiratory & hand hygiene along with the wearing a face coverings in relevant settings and considering indoor space densities and duration of indoor activities.
Summary of the Removal of Restrictions to start from October 22nd 2021 from the Sports Council
Based on the criteria of at or close to 90% of people 16 or over being fully vaccinated in the coming weeks, and having regard to the incidence and behaviour of the disease at that time, the Government plan to remove further statutory restrictions in respect of events and activities from 22nd of October. These include:
Formal requirements/mandates for physical distancing.
Formal requirements/mandates for mask wearing outdoors
Limits on numbers at outdoor events and engaging in sporting activities outdoors
Restrictions on indoor sports activities and other indoor leisure/community activities
Certification of immunity or testing as a prerequisite for access to, or engagement in, any activities or events (with exception of international travel) The statutory regime in place to support the protection of public health will be wound down in line with agreed removal of restrictions outlined above.
A local rule by DLR continues to require runners to limit training group sizes to 6 people in Loreto Park and Marlay Park. This is irrespective of Government rules.
- All Coaches and athletes must agree to comply with all aspects of any club training protocols. Anyone who breaches the protocols will be asked to leave a session immediately.
- Try and warm up away from the immediate training area.
- Do not attend the session if you have had any of the symptoms of Covid-19 in the previous 14 days. These symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, malaise, diarrhoea or loss of sense of taste and smell. If you have these symptoms please contact your GP for advice.
- Do not attend the session if you or any of your close contacts were suspected of having or tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- Make sure your water bottle is carefully labelled or identifiable and do not share it.
- Hands should be washed before leaving for training
- Toilet facilities will be open in the Loreto clubhouse on Tuesday evenings but for emergency use only. Please visit the toilet before leaving home.
- Care must be taken of other park users. Run on the left and pass on the right. Use the grass when necessary. Please ensure that you give other users adequate space.
- Everyone must be sure to use the now widely publicised correct cough and sneeze etiquette at all times.
- If an individual is injured or becomes ill only one person should attend to them and they should be isolated. The Coaches have access to First Aid kits which contain face masks and disposable gloves. These must be worn by the attending person and any assisting person if that is necessary.
- You must follow the instructions of the coach or covid compliance officer at all times.
- The Coaches/Covid officers inform people about compliance protocols but it is the individual’s personal responsibility to be aware of and to comply with these protocols.
- Check the club website for all updates
Before each training session you should ask yourself the following screening questions:
- Have I had Covid-19 in the last 10 days?
- Have I been in contact with anybody diagnosed with Covid-19 or who is suspected of having Covid-19 in the last 10 days?
- Have I had any of the symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days? These include fever, cough, shortness of breath, feeling unwell with flu like symptoms, diarrhoea or loss of sense of taste and smell.
If you answer yes to any of these questions please do not attend the session or leave immediately if you are present.
Enjoy the new freedoms!
The Management Committee
Rathfarnham WSAF AC